As countries throughout the world begin to slowly ease back restrictions resulting from the spread of COVID-19 and allow for resumed business operations, we’ve had many clients ask us about what safety precautions will be put into place once shipping and white glove services begin again. We surveyed the ARTA partner network, and have outlined the protocols that were consistent across the board. While there is no official standard and there can be some variation by company, we have found the below procedures to be a minimum of precautionary measures being put into place.
- Technicians are required to wear PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including but not limited to masks and gloves, while working as well as when in transit to and from job sites. They are also required to spray disinfectant or use disinfecting wipes, where applicable. Face masks are required in every instance of inside collection or delivery.
- The customer is responsible for providing enough space to receive in or release items at their location, with a minimum of 6 feet distance between the customer and the technicians. Technicians will call the onsite contact upon arrival for collection or delivery to let the customer know they are ready to proceed with the job. Services such as packing, unpacking and installation may not be performed if adequate space is not available to do so safely. If at any time there is a concern for safety, technicians and customers are advised to halt the job.
- It will be standard practice to wipe down commonly touched surfaces within vehicles before and after each job and at the beginning and end of the workday.
- In lieu of signed paperwork, many companies will take a photograph of the placed item(s) once delivered. Otherwise, customers are asked to provide their own writing instrument or wear gloves to sign paperwork.
- All customers who are in proximity to technicians are responsible for utilizing their own PPE while handlers are on site, including masks, sanitizer, etc.
- Announcing our newest quote type: ARTA Self Ship - March 8, 2022
- Our 2021 Carbon Footprint - February 28, 2022
- Now Live: ARTA x The Art Pledge - February 22, 2022